Oct 8, 2018
This week, Good Girls Get Rich features, guest,
Shonte Jovan Taylor. Shonte uses the knowledge of how
powerful the brain can be when it is healthy, productive, and
centered. When the brain is in these EMPOWERED states,
people can better reach success in their personal,
professional, and business lives.
She’s a UCLA Neuroscience graduate with over 15 years of graduate
level brain research including intrauterine growth retardation,
concussions, PTSD, brain injuries, and dementia research.is a
#1 best-selling author, serial entrepreneur, digital marketing
expert with more than 10 years of industry expertise helping
companies scale revenue, optimize sales and marketing processes and
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave
us a message on Speakpipe or email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shonte wanted to change the world with neuroscience
- Let’s not fix what’s broken, lets train ourselves to be better
- If we take care of our brain in our 20’s 30’s 40’s 50’s 60’s
the likelihood of dementia goes down.(9:00)
- Karen’s personal and family history with Alzheimer’s and
Dementia – and the generational implications
- Be proactive with exercising your brain the way you do the rest
of your body (12:18)
- Our brain is wired to be more aware of threats than rewards, we
can impact that (15:27)
- Just deciding to become an entrepreneur takes a lot of courage
– out of your primitive brain comfort zone
- Listen how to decide what’s logical, what’s intuition, and left
brain right brain issues! (19:00)
- We have to get our amygdala under control
- Most people will think you’re nuts when you decide to be an
entrepreneur. You’re experiences situations and people in a totally
different way, and your emotional brain wants to be secure.
- One way to be sure you’re in your peak state – take a nap! When
we’re tired our IQ goes down. (34:18)
- Can we train ourselves to change our sleep cycle? Society
created a second day time and our bodies are confused.
- When parents understand the dynamics of the teen brain they can
be more compassionate an sympathetic instead of trying to force
something not natural. (40:45)
- Shonte’ has mastered the art of teaching neuroscience for
- Your clients want to learn about their brain
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Shonte’ has an 8 week certification program .
- Join Karen’s Triple Your Biz
Club, a group coaching program where we work on your business
every single day!
- .Shonte’s website is HERE
- Connect with Shonte’ on LinkedIn, Instagram, and
- Grab Shonte’s free ebook HERE
- Email me at email@example.com and
let me know if you want to be notified when Shonte’s webinar is
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich
Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if
you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW!
And if you’re moved to, kindly
leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout
out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich: