Aug 21, 2018
This week on Good Girls Get Rich is part one of a
three part series surrounding your email list. In part one, Karen
discusses the importance of an email list and how to set yourself
up for success.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave
us a message on Speakpipe or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your email list is the one place where size matters - the more
subscribers, the better (3:02)
- You need to have a consistent plan for your email list
- Don’t worry about unsubscribes – these people probably won’t
buy from you anyway (5:07)
- Karen actually went through and deleted the users who haven’t
opened her emails in years (6:54)
- Create a new lead generation offer and send it to your current
list and ask them to share it, in turn, building your email list
- Are you promoting your lead gen as much as you’re promoting
your paid programs and/or services? (9:55)
- Do you have a call to action on your social media channels
directing your followers to your lead gen?
- Karen’s goal on her website is for users to opt into her email
list – it is above the fold on every page
- Keep a look out for users that subscribe with a name with all
capital letters, just one letter, etc and change it to something
that you can put after the word “dear” or “hey”
- Co-marketing and telesummits can help build your email list
- Use speaking gigs to collect email addresses – Karen normally
has attendees fill out a paper form to receive her freebie
- Host a webinar – this way users will put their email in to
watch your webinar (21:00)
- There are so many ways to advertise your webinar without paid
ads – Karen loves using LinkedIn for this
- Track your list building by month – this way you know whether
or not you are building your list (23:17)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich
Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click
here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if
you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW!
And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and
review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich: