Nov 2, 2018
This week, Good Girls Get Rich features Chel
Hamilton. Chel Hamilton has over two
decades of experience helping people overcome anxiety, self doubt,
and patterns of negative thinking that steal the motivation and joy
from our lives.
Her free podcast “Meditation Minis” of short guided
meditations for anxiety and stress relief was the Podcasters
Academy winner for Best Religion & Spirituality Podcast 2017
and has been download over 12 million times.
You can find the Meditation Minis on iTunes, Spotify
mobile, and the web. Visit http://ChelHamilton.com
subscribe to the show and learn more about upcoming courses and
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave
us a message on Speakpipe or email
us at email@example.com.
- Chel’s podcast started in 2015 and then became it’s own thing.
It’s now making enough money for Chel to stop seeing clients and
can support Chel full time (4:15)
- The podcast has over twelve million downloads now!
- She didn’t set out to monetize it but put a lot of time and
effort into keywords and strategy before she launched the podcast.
- Did NOT set out to have a meditation podcast, but found the
balance between guided imagery and hypnosis to fit what she wanted
to do, which was to create something out in the world to reach
people who might want to work with Chel for hypnotherapy.
- She created a show that she personally would listen to.
- Around the year mark, Chel went to Podcast Movement, and she
fell head over heels in love with Podcasters as human beings, and
decided she wanted to continue to be a part of that tribe!
- Meditation Minis is now getting sponsors, and it’s the only
part of the podcast process that is outsources. Chel treats the
meditations like pieces of art, like songs.
- What’s next? By Christmas 2018 Chel will be launching a
membership site to further support her podcast community.
- Jump in to the podcast community! They’re so ridiculously
- Research what the market is searching for, and couple it with
what you would listen to, and let those two things synthesize
together, you’re podcast will be great.
- Use keyword research tools (check below for Karen’s blog on
keywords!) and use the crap out of the free trial, look for
searches that are big enough and look for the patterns (22:52)
- Lots of ways to monetize your podcast.
- Podcasting is a great way for people to feel like they know
you. It’s a great onramp to getting clients.
- And you don’t have to do hair and makeup! Kick back in your pjs
and talk into the mic (27:15)
- Chels favorite TV show growing up is …
- Having a podcast allows you to do a ton of cool things!
- The time is now, and the episodes can be repurposed even if you
don’t decide to continue with the journey.
- Chel’s upcoming book is called “Bulletproof Tranquility” and
will hopefully be available mid=spring 2019!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich
Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if
you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW!
And if you’re moved to, kindly
leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout
out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich: