Jul 16, 2018
This week, Good Girls Get Rich features, guest, Jill
Stanton. Jill is the co-founder of Screw the 9 to 5 where she and
her husband, Josh, help entrepreneurs build more attention to their
brands while getting more out of their life with simple strategies
and behind the scenes glimpses on how to build a business
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave
us a message on Speakpipe or
email us at email@example.com.
- Attention is the currency online (4:45)
- Jill was a social media manager for bars and restaurants and
her husband, Josh, was a software and online course creator
- Jill and her husband started a skincare site and had their
first $1,000 month a few months in (6:20)
- On their wedding week, Jill & Josh decided to start a
blog…named Screw the 9 to 5 (7:45)
- They tried to sell a product and it failed, so they turned back
to what they know (8:25)
- Jill and her husband make money through affiliate revenue,
their membership program and one-off courses
- You have to build a foundation of sustainable, consistent
traffic before using any type of paid ads
- The difference between cornerstone content and community
- They used paid traffic for blog posts
- Organic traffic is the foundation and paid traffic is the
gasoline on the fire (16:00)
- When you don’t have traffic, you aren’t making sales, which
will make you frustrated (18:30)
- If you rely on paid traffic, the second that your ad account is
frozen, your paid traffic is gone (19:00)
- Create blog posts for hi-profit topics and then get on others’
websites, podcasts, etc to bring traffic to these blog posts
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich
Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click
here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if
you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW!
And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and
review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
New Schedule! All shows featuring guests will
be on Mondays and all solo shows will be on Thursdays!